I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Pressure Care Awareness Course
Raising awareness of the issue of service users who have pressure sores within the care environment.
By the end of this session learners will be able to:
- Recognise / explain the causes of pressure sores
- Identify areas of the body at greatest risk
- Discuss / explain ways of reducing the incidents of pressure sores in service users
- Identify equipment (such as specialist mattresses) for service users who have pressure sores
- Identify suitable methods of patient handling for service users with pressure sores
- Describe typical treatment applicable to service users with pressure sores
- Engage in discussion around presented case histories
Course length – approx. 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance