I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Infection Control Course
Raising awareness of service users with infections within the care environment and identifying ways of reducing cross infection between service users and carers.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Explain common infections that may be present within the care environment
- Identify routes of transmissions
- Identify the signs and symptoms of different types of infections
- Describe ways of reducing infections and cross contamination
- Describe the principals of “universal precautions” and when their application
- List common forms of PPE available to carers
- Discuss when service users and carers are may be at risk from infection and reduction strategies
- Recognise that service users with an infection are still required to be treated with dignity
Guided Learning Hours - 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance