I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Emergency First Aid - Appointed Persons
Length: One day
Certification: Emergency First Aid - Appointed Person
Ideal for businesses needing to qualify staff to the level of Appointed Persons to take responsibility for a first aid emergency and the first aid box, this one day course can be tailored to meet the needs of the work environment. This course is also recommended for those staff giving support to First Aiders in larger organisations. Continuous assessment of participant's practical skills takes place throughout the course.
Aims of the Course:
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident.
- Deal with an unconscious casualty.
- Carry out resuscitation on an unconscious casualty.
- Control bleeding and manage shock.
- Be able to recognise and deal with a wide range of common injuries until the arrival of medical care.
- Maintain records.
- Use and maintain first aid kits.