Intermediate LPG Training Course
Length: 1/2 Day
Certification: This course is designed for any personnel who may handle LPG cylinders or LPG equipment such as dealers, hire companies, councils, colleges, end users, utilities, builders etc. The course is constructed of interactive demonstrations, followed by question and answer participation. All certificated courses are conducted at customer premises (or suitable local venues) which eliminates the expensive requirement for staff travel - they can be back at work the same day!.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the properties of LPG cylinders, storage and transportation of LPG cylinders together with the safe use of LPG equipment and awareness of key safety features.
- Brief outline of where LPG is sourced
- Different types of common LPG – Butane & Propane
- Properties of LPG
Storage, transportation and Usage
- Safe storage methods
- Various types of torches, lights, heaters
- Atmosphere sensing devices
- Flame Failure Devices
- Practical/visual demonstrations
- Regulators & Hoses
- Various Fittings
- Gas cylinders
The equipment used can be tailored to suit each client.
Programme variations are available on request.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to :
- Identify potential hazards during storage, transportation and use of LPG.
- Appreciate safety features & the safe use of LPG and be able to impart this to others.
- Have a fuller understanding of how LPG works and the impact of the varying UK climate.