I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Level 3 Risk Assessment Principles and Practice
Length: To be discussed
Depending on the work environment, programme of risk assessments help prevent injuries, fatalities, property damage incidents and other losses.
Employers and the self employed have a legal duty to make suitable and sufficient assessments of the risks to the health and safety of employees, non-employees and the self employed.
The training course is designed for anyone with a responsibility to conduct risk assessments, particularly useful for managers and supervisors but also individual workers, team leaders, technicians, engineers or any other personnel contributing to the risk assessment process.
Aims of the Course:
Successful completion of the training programme, assignment and self evaluation will enable candidates to:
- Contribute to the risk assessment programmes at their workplaces.
- Conduct risk assessments (assuming they have the necessary technical knowledge in relation to the activities/environments/issues being assessed).
- Organise and implement a risk assessment programme where this has not already been started.
- Participate in the identification of specific training needs for the activities being assessed.
- Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health and safety within their organisation.
Following the training day delegates carry detailed risk assessments in their own workplace, which are submitted along with a report based assignment and self-evaluation.