I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Level 2 Principles of Manual Handling (Objects)
Length: One day
Certification: Highfield ABC Level 2 Manual Handling certificate
This course is aimed at those who carry out manual handling activities at work. It introduces candidates to the hazards of manual handling and the risks involved. The course will prepare participants to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks.
Aims of the Course:
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term 'manual handling' and give examples.
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples.
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.