I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Dementia/Confused Awareness Course
Raising awareness of the issue of service users who have confusion or dementia within the care environment.
By the end of this session learners will be able to:
- Explain what confusion or dementia is
- Identify forms of dementia
- Describe how confusion and dementia will affect the personality / behaviour of the service user - Discuss medication available for service users with dementia and the effects on service user
- Recognise that service users who are confused or have dementia are still entitled to be treated with dignity and respect
- Identify dangers to the service users and others
- Describe communication strategies for dealing with service users who are confused or have dementia
Course length – approx. 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance